Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After Thanksgiving

I just love Thanksgiving!  I love getting together with family we haven't seen in awhile, eating food that is reserved for this special day, and counting the many blessings God has showered us with.  This year, we did a Thankful Tree.  Each night one of us would share a verse or story from the Bible about thankfulness.  We would then each write down something we were thankful for on a leaf and add it to our tree.  Caitlyn and I had fun putting the tree together from on old vase and limbs from our backyard.  It was a sweet daily reminder of ALL that we have to be thankful for.

So now, we are at the day after.  I enjoy the day after Thanksgiving because that brings the anticipation of Christmas!  We can listen to Christmas music, start decorating the Christmas tree, and focus on the birth of our Lord and Savior!  Unfortunately, I have to do some cleaning before decorating, so off to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment