Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today has been a good day.  It started with homemade cards and gifts from my sweet Conner and Caitlyn along with some hot tea.  Church was great this morning, and I was given a wonderful treat-a chocolate bar!  After church we took my awesome mom to lunch.  She is such an incredible woman, and I can't imagine my life without her.  I admire her perseverance and love for the Lord.  She got to choose lunch, and her pick was Spring Creek.  They made it a special lunch by handing out free bowls of ice cream and a flower to each mom!

The rest of the day I enjoyed a lazy day at home.  As I think about what a blessing it is to be a mom, I can't help but think of Proverbs 31:28.  It is my prayer that, "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."  There are so many days that I feel like such a failure as a mother.  I am so thankful for the love, grace, and forgiveness of Jesus Christ!
As much as I have enjoyed this day, my heart has been really heavy today.  A single mom was brought to mind today, and I started to wonder...was she told today how special she is?  Does she know how appreciated she is?  I have really wrestled with these thoughts today.  Is there something I can do to let her know?  If so, what?  I'm praying for wisdom in this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment