Saturday, May 12, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week

What a fun week!  Our awesome PTA provided a special treat every day this week!  Between yummy enchiladas, sub sandwiches, delicious breakfast items, baked potatoes and salads, and delightful desserts, we ate well!  It was so nice not to have to worry about bringing a lunch for most of the week.  On top of all that, they also gave us a $10 gift certificate to a local shop.  What a blessing!
If that was all not enough, my wonderful students and their families gave me all types of special gifts.  Some of my goodies included...
This was one of the two cupcakes I received this week.  Delicious!!!
I love fresh flowers!  These flowers really brightened my day with the pretty colors.
My kids know I love chocolate!
This is a cute and crafty idea-the flowers are pens!
I think that these note cards are adorable!  I have already used them all!
I also received a really cute blingy shirt that a parent made, a big tub of trail mix, and gift cards to Chick-fil-a, Maggiano's, and Starbucks.  I feel so undeserving of all this.  I am most thankful for all of the homemade cards and sweet notes that I received.  It is hard to believe that we only have a few weeks left!
Our principal and assistant got in on the giving as well.  This was a much needed gift!
I love the little flag things.  They are so handy!
To top it off, my sweet friend Cassie and her husband sent me a super cute plant.  She is so thoughtful!  I just hope I don't kill it!

This month, our church is encouraging us to take part in the Wisdom Challenge.  We are reading a chapter from Proverbs each day of the month of May.  It is such a good book!  Proverbs 13:3-4 states, "Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold."  I pray that I will always seek wisdom from the Lord and that I am able to share that with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment