Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Girls' Night Plus...

Over the weekend, the boys had a rehearsal for our church musical, so Caitlyn and I had some girl time.  I was looking forward to our evening together and a fun meal out.  Caitlyn got to choose where we ate, and of course she suggested McDonalds.  Yuck!  I quickly vetoed that and tried to coax her into a yummy mexican food restaurant or something.  Her next choice was Chick-fil-a which I love, but it wasn't really what I had in mind.  However, I agreed since it was her pick.


Next we set out for sandal shopping for Caitlyn since she has outgrown her ones from last year.  This proved to be a difficult task.  We went to Target, Kohl's, and Walmart before finding a pair we agreed on.  I'm just not ready for her to be wearing wedges or heels, especially considering she got my genes for being klutzy.

We had a fun time together, and I treasure these special moments with my sweet, joyful girl!

The rest of the weekend was fast and furious!  Conner had his very first ever baseball game.

I NEVER imagined I would be rooting for the Yankees!  Oh, the things we do for our kids!

We enjoyed watching the musical at church.  It is such a beautiful depiction of the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  I am so thankful that I serve a LIVING God!
After the musical, Caitlyn spent the night with her best bud.  Of course she had to take Kit along!



Last night we prayer walked a neighborhood as a family and enjoyed a beautiful night!
They are letting water out of the dam

We watched the train

For as beautiful as last night was, this afternoon was nasty.  We endured heavy rain and thunderstorms which disrupted our dismissal at school.  There were tornadoes in the area, but thankfully we were not affected.  Because of the bad weather, we enjoyed a nice evening at home together.  I'm thankful for times when God slows down our schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment