Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Rainbow

Today while coming in from recess, I heard, "Mrs. Womack, look at the rainbow!  It's like a smiley face with only one eye."  This is what we saw.
I have never seen an upside down rainbow before!  It was so cool!  However, a moment later while trying to marvel at the rainbow without being blinded by the sun, we noticed something else!

It's hard to see in this picture, but the rainbow went all the way around the sun!  The kids and I were so fascinated by this!  Once inside, we did a google search and found that it is referred to as a halo.  It is caused by light refracting off of ice crystals in cirrus clouds.  Wow!  Our God is so amazing, and I love when He surprises us with something new!  When I think about the rainbow, I can't forget that it is a reminder that God keeps His promises.  He is so faithful!

On another note, we are so proud of this guy.
 He competed in our church's bible drill competition last weekend and did so well that he is advancing to the next level!  It truly is inspiring to see children learning God's word and hiding His word in their hearts.  It challenges me!

No comments:

Post a Comment