Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

Easter is a highlight of the year!  It is a time when as Christians we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  Our weekend was filled with Easter activities, but I don't have many pictures to show for it.
Friday night our church had a Good Friday service.  "Good Friday" seems like such an oxymoron...  Our service was a little different this year, and it really had an impact on me.  We did stations that focused on Christ, the cross, and the Lord's Supper.  It was all self-guided, and as we finished, we headed back to our seat as the praise team sang.  We then sang "Jesus Paid it All", and I lost it.  I was totally broken as I thought about the sacrifice Christ made for us and the grace and love He showed.  Conner was concerned and asked if I was OK.  Caitlyn moved to sit by me, put her arm around me, and rubbed my shoulder.  She was so sweet.  I was just so overwhelmed by Jesus!

Saturday we headed to the church earlier to prepare for our egg hunt and festivities.  We had a great time of fun and a wonderful crowd.

Saturday evening, Caitlyn and I went egging.  We just love surprising friends!

Sunday morning we celebrated our RISEN SAVIOR!  It was a glorious morning!
After church, we had family over for a delicious lunch.  While we loved our time together, it was tough being that it was our first Easter without Glenda.  She loved Easter.  She would prepare all the eggs for the kids to find including a special egg for each child with a generous amount of money inside.  She also would make "eggs with yellow stuff" for me.  Chad's sister, Shannon, was sweet enough to make the deviled eggs AND take care of the eggs for the kids' hunt.  I am so thankful for her!





By Sunday night, we were worn out but oh SO THANKFUL!  It was a wonderful, beautiful weekend that we will always remember!


No comments:

Post a Comment