Monday, March 14, 2016

Spring Break Day Five

Day five didn't want to be left out, so it was filled with rain like the rest of the week.  My siblings and their families all met up for breakfast at my mom's favorite downtown diner.
 
This week was the 3 year anniversary of my mom's passing.  It is so hard to believe it's already been 3 years.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could pick-up the phone and call her.  I miss her dearly.  As we were finishing up our breakfast, my brother noticed the name our waitress had written on the back of the check-JACKIE.  We were stunned that it was my mom's name.
After breakfast, we walked to the park where their is a tree dedicated to her.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture.  We didn't get to enjoy the park because of the rain.  Once everyone left, our family hit up Shoemaker and Hardt for some treats-another favorite place of my mom's.  Since it was chilly and yucky outside, I enjoyed the best hot chocolate.  The cookie is for Conner.

 We all took it easy around the house the rest of the day.  At one point, the house was really quiet which is unusual when Caitlyn is home.  I walked into our room, and she had fallen asleep on our bed.  I can't remember the last time she took a nap! 
Our Spring Break didn't go as planned between all of the rain and Conner getting sick, but we were all grateful for some down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment