Monday, March 12, 2012

Back to Valentine's Day!

Oh my!  Where has the last month gone?  I had such good intentions of blogging, and I just never got around to it.  It isn't for lack of material.  I could tell you about Caitlyn's quest to find Big Foot or her yanking out her two front teeth, Conner making All-District Choir and starting baseball, Chad's dominance in Minute-to-Win-it with pantyhose on his head, or my experiences at our church's Girl's Lock-In which reminded me I'm getting old!  However, the one thing that I feel most compelled to share about is my awesome Valentine's gift!
Chad and I decided many years ago that we weren't going to go overboard and spend a bunch of money on gifts, but we still wanted to do something.  To hold ourselves accountable, we decided on a $5 gift limit.  It has been so much fun to try to be thrifty and thoughtful at the same time.  I have to admit that he does a much better job with this then I do, and this year topped them all! 
It is a jar with 52 different experiences.  I get to draw one a week to enjoy!  The first week was a date to a movie theater that we hadn't been to before, and it was fun!  The next week was dinner prepared by Chad EVERY night!  That was such a treat!  Then it was making a pinata.  We got a late start on this one and started it last night.  It is quite the process.

This week is feeding the ducks together as a family.  I am really enjoying all of his wonderful ideas.  The kids love seeing my draw and are excited to discover what the paper says!

On a side note, I went to lunch Friday with my team which I always look forward to.  The place we went had this sign, and I thought it was so funny!

Have a marvelous Monday!  Spring Break starts today!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment