Saturday, February 20, 2016

Life Lately

It has been a busy couple of weeks. so here's what we have been up to.

Cailtyn is back at it with softball.  She loves batting!

I had a coupon for a free pizza from Grimaldi's for my birthday, so Chad and I enjoyed dinner out.  The trees at the mall were all lit up and so pretty, and the pizza was delicious!

Our assistant principal blessed us with these adorable, yummy cookies.  She bakes and decorates them herself!






We hosted the junior high girls for D-Now last weekend.  It was so much fun!  Part of Saturday was spent collecting cans and participating in a scavenger hunt.  I am proud to say that we were victorious!  Not that I'm competitive or anything....
Because we won, we were treated to late night pizza!
This was what was left of it.

The kids were off for President's Day, but I had a professional development day.  I decided to treat them to Chick-fil-a during my lunch break, and I enjoyed a salad from there as well.




It was such a pretty day that I decided to eat my lunch out on the back porch and catch up on some reading.



This is such a good book!  Conner is a little offended that I am reading it, but I have found it to be very insightful.

Conner has been staying late for play practice at school, so Caitlyn and I killed some time at the car wash after school.

Our weather has been so crazy lately.  It's the middle of February, but it feels like spring!  Chip and I got a nice run/walk in a couple of days this week.




And finally, Caitlyn was invited to a concert last minute Friday (Hillsong!  So jealous!), so Chad and I took advantage of a gift card to Outback I received for my birthday.  We just love the Bloomin' Onion, but it is so big for just the two of us.  We were happy to find that they have a smaller version called Bloomin' Petals that is just as good.

It's been a busy day today, and we are looking forward to gathering with our church family tomorrow.  It will be another busy week, but we are thankful for each day the Lord gives us.

This is life lately!






















No comments:

Post a Comment