Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday started with a beautiful sunrise on the way to school.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  Between the different colors on the horizon, the moon, and I think that is a planet, I thanked Jesus for His beautiful creation.

When I walked in my classroom on Friday, I found a bonus birthday treat from a good friend!  So sweet!

Our administrators are doing Fabulous February Fridays with something special each week.  This week it was freshly popped popcorn and some fun toppings.  Yum!

Friday night we had our best buds, Ron, Cassie, and Wyatt over for dinner.  Cassie suggested Jason's Deli because they deliver.  I had no idea!  It was a great choice, and knowing they deliver might be dangerous for us.  We had some cupcakes for dessert.




We left from there to see our friend Lori's son, Barrett, star in Shrek the Musical. Wyatt and Caitlyn bought some Shrek ears.
It was a fabulous show!  It was hard to believe that is was a high school production.


After the show, we were able to congratulate Barrett on a job well done, and I even talked him into a picture with Cait.  I taught Barrett in 5th grade, and he is such a nice young man.  He has a wonderful voice, and I can't wait to see how God is going to use him and his gift in the future.
Saturday morning Caitlyn had her first softball practice of the season, and it was COLD!
While we were at practice, Chad and Conner were helping do some tree work at a missionary's house.
Afterwards, Conner got to practice his driving a little more with Chad in the church's parking lot.

We enjoyed lunch at home, dropped Caitlyn off at a friend's house, and Chad and I headed to the movies.  We saw The Finest Hours.  It was predictable but still a good movie.


Sunday morning I thought I would be a sweet wife and make Chad's cup of coffee for him.  Unfortunately, I forgot to put a mug under the Keurig.  Oops!  Wife fail!  I served in Kids' Church on Sunday which is always fun.
Sunday night we watched the Super Bowl with one of the adult classes from church.  It was a great game, and we were pleasantly surprised with the outcome!  As far as the commercials go, we all loved the Doritios sonogram commercial the best.

It's so funny!
It was a great weekend with friends, and we are looking forward to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment