Sunday, January 3, 2016

A Year of Change

2015 was hard yet good; painful yet exciting; challenging and full of changes. 
In 2015, we lost Chad's mom.  She faced breast cancer for a second time, fought hard, and in the end, her body just shut down.  She was taken much too early, and it hurts.  We are thankful for our time together, and I am so grateful that our kids grew up with their Mamaw actively involved in their lives.  She is dearly missed.
2015 also brought a new job for me.  Although I am still at the same school, I am in a new position.  With this new position came more work days which meant I started back to work a month before I usually do.  Between summer camps and special days with friends and family, the kids were able to adjust to my new work schedule, and I am enjoying something different.
In 2015 Chad also became the lead pastor at our church.  Although he technically started at the end of 2014, everything wasn't tied up until January of 2015.  He has thrived in this position, and we love our church family.
2015 also brought some changes in our children's lives. 
Conner went from second string on the B team on his 7th grade football team to first string on the A team in 8th grade.  His confidence and enjoyment of the game really grew.  He isn't as mean as he looks here!

Caitlyn also showed great growth in her extra-curricular-softball.  Last spring was her first season to play, and she decided to play again in the fall.  She was consistently at the bottom of the batting order, but in the middle of the fall season, something clicked, and her bat came alive.  She ended the season batting 4th, and her team won 1st place in their league.  She also caught her first flyball in the outfield to close out an inning.




Despite the many changes in 2015, the one constant was our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  He never changes.  His love is everlasting, and His hope is eternal.  He has promised to never leave or forsake us.  I am so thankful that at my lowest low, Jesus was with me, and at my highest high, Jesus was with me.
So, as we begin a new year, I have to wonder, what will 2016 bring?  During this year, Conner will start high school and Caitlyn will start junior high.  Conner will get his driving permit (he hopes!), and Caitlyn will enjoy her last year as a preteen.  Conner will take his first international mission trip, and Catilyn will begin her journey in the youth ministry.  During this year, we will have our first Mother's Day without both of our moms.  We may sell our house to move closer to our church.  We will strive to reach more people with the love of Jesus. 
Whatever 2016 may bring, my prayer is that we will make it all count for Christ, for without Him, we are nothing!




                               

No comments:

Post a Comment