Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten

I'm linking up with Andrea today for Show and Tell Tuesday.  Here are 10 things you should know about me.

1.  I have been married for 18 years to my best friend, Chad.  He is a pastor and the most humble person I know.  He is a wonderful dad and Godly leader.  We enjoy traveling and watching movies together.


2.  I have an amazing son, Conner, who is 14 years old.  Conner is smart, thoughtful, handsome and stubborn.  He sees things very black and white and likes to be right.  Conner enjoys playing football and loves the Lord.  He serves in children's church and is part of theater at school.  Conner was born with a cleft lip and palate, so has been through many surgeries yet has never complained. I love my boy!


3.  I have an incredible daughter, Caitlyn, who is 11.  She is enthusiastic, joyful, beautiful and emotional.  Caitlyn is an accident waiting to happen and a constant party.  She likes to play softball and enjoys all things crafty.  She also has a growing relationship with the Lord and helps in the preschool class at church.  Caitlyn was born 5 1/2 weeks early, but you would never know that she was a preemie.  I love my sweet daughter!





4.  I am a teacher.  I have taught 4th, 5th and 7th grades in public school and 5th, 6th, and 7th grades in private school.  I am currently an instructional facilitator at an elementary school, and I love it!  I knew from the time I was in high school that I wanted to teach, and I can't imagine doing anything else-well, except for being a side line reporter for the NFL!
My school picture

5.  Family is important to me.  Growing up, we did not live near family, so I am very thankful that my kids are being raised with many of our extended family members nearby.  I love getting together for holidays and special meals, seeing my family at the kids' activities, and even attending church together.  Our family is not perfect, but it is precious!
 
The Brown cousins at Christmas


6.  I love the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers!  Although the Cowboys had a tough season, I am still a fanatic.  Fun fact about the Cowboys-my first year teaching fourth grade, I had a student that won a contest for NFLplay60.  He earned a visit from Jason Witten!  Witten picked him up at his house, brought him to school for a pep rally, and then he did some football drills with my class.  We had a lot of fun, and Jason Witten was a class act.  He is still my favorite Cowboy.

7.  I enjoy traveling!  We try to do a family vacation every year along with small trips to visit out of town family and fun Texas spots.  Chad and I also take a week long trip each year for our anniversary and birthdays.  In fact, this year's trip is less than two weeks away!  I also enjoy serving on mission trips around the world.  I have been to Russia, Alaska, Ecuador and New York on mission.


8.  I like to blog.  Although my blog has been barren for close to three years now, I am inspired to start again.  I have realized how much blogging helps serve as a photo album and journal in this digital age.  I love looking back on past adventures.  I'm disappointed that I don't have that for the last few years, but I'm hoping to make up for it.

9.  There are so many other little things that I could share, but I am going to clump them together and share some random favorites.  I consider myself as someone who enjoys the simple things in life.  My clothes of preference are t-shirts and jeans, chocolate (except dark) is my favorite food along with chips and salsa, I like 80's music, I'm addicted to cheesy Hallmark movies, I have just started to enjoy running again after a long hiatus, and my family plays a mean game of Phase 10!



10.  Last, but certainly not least, Jesus is my everything.  I am a Christian who gets it wrong more than I get it right but live daily in His grace and love.  I strive to honor Him in all that I do and share His amazing love with others.

So, there is me in a nutshell!  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment