Sunday, January 31, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a beautiful weekend!  The weather here was perfect, and we enjoyed every minute of it. 
Friday night we went out to dinner at one of our favorite places.

Babe's serves family style, and it is delicious!  I had the chicken fried steak.  Yum!
After dinner we went by Mardel to pick up a book, and then we went home and watched a movie together.  It was a great night!
Saturday morning Chad went to a men's breakfast at church followed by a mission project, so the kids and I did some deep cleaning.  First though they wanted to fix breakfast.  Conner made waffles.

And Catilyn enjoyed pancakes.


I tackled our bedroom and bathroom.  I felt accomplished when you could see through the shower door.  It's the little things!
The kids did a great job cleaning their rooms including dusting and cleaning out under their beds, and they did it without complaining as well!  Victory!

Saturday afternoon Chad and I made some home visits to people that had visited church the previous Sunday and had a great time getting to know the families.  After that, I tackled the grocery store.  I like to get it over with Saturday so that we are ready for the week. 

Sunday morning we went to church, and it was a glorious day!  We were looking at the Bible as God's Holy Word.  This video was shown, and it brought me to tears. 



How often do I take for granted the Word of God?  How many times am I too busy to spend time reading the Bible?  We are so fortunate to have the Bible so easily accessible.  There are almost 2,000 people groups that don't even have access to the Bible in their language.  It's just unbelievable.

Sunday afternoon we served at a local church that ministers to the homeless and down trodden in the middle of a park.  The last time we served there it was raining and in the 40's.  This day it was in the 70's and sunny! 
When we got home, Chad, Chip and I went for a walk around the neighborhood, and we came upon this picture perfect scene.
It was the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment