Friday, January 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday a Little Late...

So, it's been a busy week getting back in the swing of things.  I didn't quite make the What's Up Wednesday on Wednesday, but I figured better late than never.  I'm linking up with Shay.
 

What We're Eating This Week...

 We kept it simple this week!  It's crazy that we are grilling in January, but the weather has been so nice the last few days.  Sunday nights are usually whatever we can find since we eat a later lunch out after church.

What I'm Reminiscing About...

It's only been a week, but I am already missing our trip from last week.  Monday evening Chad said, "I really missed not having an afternoon nap today."  I had to laugh because it's true, we took a lot of afternoon naps on our trip!

What I'm Loving...

Our weather.  As much as we would love a snow day at some point this winter, we are enjoying the spring like days this week.

What We've Been Up To...

Conner had a tooth crisis this week, so he has been to the dentist twice and the ortho once.  He has another dentist appointment today that I will be taking him to.
We've also been enjoying our Apple TV that Chad got for Christmas.  You can play apps on the TV.  Chad, Caitlyn and I played a few games of bowling Tuesday night.
I'm sad to say that Chad beat me.  I'm not competitive at all.  :)

What I'm Dreading...

Getting everything together for taxes.  It isn't hard, but it is time consuming.  I need to bite the bullet and do it!

What I'm Working On...

Getting the house back in order.  After being out of town last week and not having a day to get everything put up, I'm looking forward to getting everything back in place.  I function much better when things are in order.
What I'm Excited About...

My birthday is next week, and I am looking forward to some freebies!  I have a bunch of birthday coupons including an appetizer from Texas Roadhouse, a dessert from Cotton Patch and a bundlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes!  I think I'll just eat my way through the day and then go for a run.  
What I'm Watching/Reading...

Like everyone else, I'm enjoying Fixer Upper.  I'm hoping a trip to Magnolia Market is in my future.  We've also been watching American Idol since it is the last season.  We haven't watched it in several years since we are The Voice fans, but I do like Harry Connick, Jr., Jennifer Lopez, and Keith Urban as judges.
I haven't started any new books.  It is so hard for me to read during the school year.  I use breaks and vacations to read.  I am continuing my journey through the New Testament though.

What I'm Listening To...

A song came on the radio this week that I hadn't heard before, and I love it!  You can hear it here.
I am planning on buying the Passion album.

What I'm Wearing...
Conner bought me these slippers for Christmas, and they are perfect!  The tile in our bathroom is very cold in winter, so I wear these as I'm getting ready, around the house, and even in the car sometimes if I'm just dropping off or picking up.

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

Tonight we will go out for dinner, and I'm thinking we will grab a movie to watch at home.  Maybe
Saturday morning the guys have a breakfast and mission project with our church, so Caitlyn and I will probably do something exciting like go to the grocery store!  We don't have a lot scheduled this weekend which is good because February is going to be a busy month.

What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month...
Valentine's Day!  I know many people don't think this is a real holiday, but I look forward to it!  Chad and I decided several years ago that we wanted to do something simple yet fun for Valentine's.  So, we decided we would exchange gifts, but we can only spend $5.  This really forces us to be creative and intentional in what we do.  It has been great!  We have done a CD with songs, a picture collage, a jar with 52 dates/gifts/serving ideas where you can draw one for each week, a scavenger hunt...It really is something I look forward to every year.  We also try to do something small but fun for the kids.  Last year we did a QR scavenger hunt, and Caitlyn is already asking if they get to do it again.

What Else is New...

We are hosting junior high girls for our church's Disciple Now weekend in a few weeks.  I think Disciple Now is a wonderful experience for teenagers and am thankful that we get to be part of it.  It was at a Disciple Now weekend my sophomore year of high school that I realized I was not living for Christ.  I had given my life to Him, but I was not growing in my relationship with Him.  It was at the same D-Now that Chad knew the Lord was calling him into the ministry.  It still amazes me how God works in our loves in such perfect timing!
What My Favorite Valentine's Treat is...

Do Girl Scout cookies count???  It's that time of year when they are out full force tempting me with the cookies.  I have bought a box for each of the kids to give them as part of their Valentine's.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment