Friday, December 23, 2011

A Dear Friend

Yesterday the kids and I met up with my dear friend from junior high and her kids for lunch.  Amy is such a beautiful person inside and out.  When I moved here in 5th grade, Amy made me feel welcome.  You can imagine how sad I was when her family moved following our 8th grade year.  I was devastated and just cried and cried.  Thankfully, we have kept in touch through the years and live fairly close to one another.  We don't see each other often but when we do, we just pick up where we left off.   
The really fun thing is that our kids are the same ages!
Conner and Jonah
Maggie and Caitlyn
After a wonderful visit and catching up, Conner, Caitlyn and I checked out the mall's decorations.  It was an ice palace theme.  You couldn't go through it without stopping for a picture with Santa, so the line was forever long.  We decided it wasn't worth waiting for.
Ice Palace
Polar bear made from bottle tops
Christmas tree
Glass elevator fun
I am so thankful for sweet, Godly friends and the time that we can spend together!

No comments:

Post a Comment