Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Family Traditions

One of the Christmas traditions that Conner and Caitlyn look forward to each year is making Christmas cookies with their cousins and grandparents.  I always enjoyed doing this as a kid, and my dad used to make cookies with his parents.  In fact, some of the cookie cutters we use are passed down from my grandma which makes it that much more special.
Pans ready for cookies
Cookie cutters and rolling pins set up
Brinley and Caitlyn did a great job cutting cookies!

Mom was an icing machine!
Brinley, Conner, and Brekin icing cookies
Skyler made a huge snowman cookie
When the kids pooped out, Dad finished up
Colorful cookies

What a fun day!  The kids enjoyed making cookies and being with their cousins.  I'm thankful for family traditions that have been passed down and carried out with my own children.  We will use some of the cookies to take to shut-ins when we visit them, and we will eat the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment