Monday, December 19, 2011

Lessons Learned Today

Today has been quite busy, and I have learned a variety of lessons.

1.  Driving home from Ft. Worth in the pouring rain during rush hour traffic means slow going!
Puzzle on the wall at the doctor's office
 Conner had a consultation with a surgeon in Ft. Worth today.  We are trying to find a surgeon that takes our insurance.  It was a good visit, and it was nice to hear him say that Conner is doing well.  The trip home was long, but we made it!

2.  Totilla roll-ups are a breakfast food.


Chad is enjoying a breakfast at work tomorrow, and each person is supposed to bring something.  He wanted to take these tortilla roll-ups.  I have to admit, they are yummy!  My friend Kristi at school made them and shared her recipe with me.  It is just cream cheese mixed with Fiesta Ranch seasoning and green onions inside of tortillas.  Some people add black olives or pimentos as well.  When I questioned Chad about this being a breakfast item, his reasoning was that people put cream cheese on bagels which are similar to tortillas.  Point taken!


3.  I can not trust my children with secrets!  This was the biggest and most disappointing lesson today.  Chad's birthday is three days after Christmas, and I am always scrambling at the last minute to get him a present.  He ALWAYS guesses his present before I give it to him.  It drives me crazy because I love surprises, and he loves to ruin them.  Anyway, this year I was going to totally surprise him and get him one of those Keurig single cup coffee makers since he is the only one in our house that drinks coffee.  I had a 20% off coupon from Kohl's, and they are on sale.  Score! 

I took the kids with me to go get it today thinking they would have fun picking it up with me.  I even told Conner he could hide it in his closet since Chad's birthday is still a week away.  I thought that they would love keeping this special secret with me...WRONG!  As soon as Chad came home to pick us up for Ft. Worth, the kids spilled that they were hiding something in Conner's closet.  Then, on our long trip home from Ft. Worth, they dropped enough hints for him to guess his present.  Oh my! Lesson learned.  Needless to say, I will not be taking them along on any other important shopping trips.

Even though lessons learned are not always fun(though sometimes they are), they are beneficial!  Thank you, Jesus for lessons learned.  May my heart always be teachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment